JFS Annual Hunger Event 2020
Jewish Family Services and the Anja Rosenberg Kosher Food Pantry Hunger Event Committee invite you to join us on Zoom for an evening of “Nourishing our Community’s Soul,” on Tuesday, November 17 from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. We will give gratitude for those who have helped us feed our community during this difficult time, and outline the ongoing needs of the community and how you can help.
Visit hungerevent.eventbrite.com or call 860.236.1927.
The suggested minimum donation is $54 per person
Your donation directly feeds the families at the food pantry. For every donation, a family that visits the Anja Rosenberg Kosher Food Pantry will receive a challah for Shabbat.
Help us ensure that the Anja Rosenberg Kosher Food Pantry provides families in need with food for the holidays and throughout the year!
NEW THIS YEAR!
We hope you’ll join us for a Food Pantry Chopped-Style Competition we’re calling Community Chopped Challenge! Families who pick-up food from the Food Pantry are challenged to create meals based on what they are given. We are asking YOU to do the same! Create a recipe, post it to social media or send it directly to us, and you could win a prize during our virtual hunger event on Tuesday, November 17. Contest rules are below!
Community Chopped Challenge
We are seeking community recipes for our annual hunger event, which ensures that the Anja Rosenberg Kosher Food Pantry provides families in need with food for the holidays and throughout the year. We need community support now more than ever – and this is a great way to support us!
The goal of this contest is to show the many delicious ways to use simple pantry items to prepare a dish. Your submissions will be shared on our social media and help raise awareness about hunger in our community.
You don’t have to pay to enter this contest, but we do hope you’ll consider making a donation to join us at our event on November 17th.
Enter your recipe in one of five categories:
- Appetizers & Soups
- Entrée/Main Dish
Must use at least one ingredient from the list of common Food Pantry items
- Pasta sauce
- Peanut butter
TO ENTER OUR CONTEST
- Follow @JFSHartford on Facebook
- Post a picture and your recipe on Facebook and tag @JFSHartford and #JFSHungerEvent2020
- Include a story about the recipe such as where the recipe originated or why you created it.
- Submit your recipes by Sunday, November 15, 2020, at 11:59 p.m.!
- No social media? No problem! Email your picture, recipe, and story to Steph MacGillivary, director of marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org
JUDGING AND SELECTION OF A WINNER
- Judging will be done by JFS Nutrition Consultant Lynn Malkoff and entries will be judged based on the best use of pantry items, ease of preparation, visual appeal, and the heart-nourishing story behind the dish. (notice none of these involve testing it -since it’s over social media….)
- We will select the best recipe from each category and announce the winners at our Nourishing Our Community’s Soul event on Tuesday, November 17, 2020.