We offer holistic case management to support the safety, stability and healing of victims of crime and their families.
VOCA stands for the Victims of Crime Act, federal legislation that provides money to the states for victim advocacy and assistance. In CT the program is funded by the State of Ct Judicial Branch Office of Victim Services.
The program is FREE and is open to people of any income level. Recent victims of any crime are welcome, but even when a crime occurred years earlier, victims are welcome to request services. The crime does not have to have been reported to law enforcement.
· Assistance with victims’ compensation process
· Advocacy and emotional support
· Crisis intervention services
· Safety planning
· Information about the courts and criminal justice system
· Connection with mental health counseling
For more information, Call JFS at 860-236-1927 or email.
VOCA CASE MANAGEMENT is a statewide program administered by the Connecticut Council of Family Service Agencies. Call 860-505-9000 or visit their website.