Volunteering is a profound expression of the Jewish value of Tikkun Olam, or repairing the world. Jewish Family Services depends on volunteers to provide vital support to the organization. There are several types of volunteer opportunities available at Jewish Family Services:
- Friendly Visiting - Brighten someone’s day! Develop a one-to-one relationship with an isolated member of the community, providing him or her with a sense of security and belonging (one hour a week).
- Anja Rosenberg Kosher Food Pantry Escort - Escort and assist clients in our food pantry at the JFS office (two to three hours a week).
- Tara's Closet - Clothing Donations [collect, sort, transport]; Closet [Set up, Clean up, Assist clients while shopping].
- Holiday Food Baskets - Help organize, assemble and deliver special packages with essentials for holiday meals (seasonal).
- Jessie’s Community Garden at JFS - Assist with tending our community garden, providing fresh vegetables for the Anja Rosenberg Kosher Food Pantry (seasonal).
- Special Services - Provide carpentry, electrical, computer, photography, sewing, translation, music, and other skills to JFS and its clients (as requested).
- Office Support - Put your office and organizational skills to work! Support mailings, data entry, filing, and other administrative tasks in our office (two hours a week, as needed).
If you are over the age of 18 and one of these areas interests you, please complete the online application form below, or download, complete, and return the application to JFS via fax (860-236-6483) or mail (333 Bloomfield Ave, Suite A, West Hartford, CT 06117) . Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Jewish Family Services.